Monday, December 15, 2008

Tyler


Tyler does some of the cutest things now a days. Here are just a few stories for the grandparents...

The other day Joel dropped Tyler off at daycare and as soon as they walked in, Ethan (one of Ty's friends at the daycare) got all excited and said:

"There's my buddy, there's my buddy!"

Lydia (another one of Ty's friends) chimed in with;

"No, he's my buddy!"

This started a buddy war with all the kids claiming that Ty is their buddy. I think it has more to do with two year olds enjoying being contrary than Tyler's popularity.


Yesterday morning, I was trying to take a mid-morning nap. I had had a rough night the night before. I couldn't really sleep, but I could hear Tyler reading books to himself. I could tell which books they were based on what he was saying. He spent about 30 minutes in his room totally by himself reading. It started out with "Beauty and the Beast" and went something like this:

"Here, take this mirror so you can see me."

"Oh, no, it's the hideous beast!'" (Yes, he really did say hideous!)

"Oh, you turned into a human, yeah!"

Then he moved on to "There's a monster at the end of this book by Grover"

"You turned another page! You do not know what you are doing!" (This is being read very dramatically, I might add)

Than it was "Too much T.V. with the Bernstein Bears"

"I'm going to watch T.V all day tommorrow says Brother Bear"

"Me, too says Sister Bear"

"Me, too says Papa Bear"

"But mama disagreed and wouldn't let them watch any T.V."


He's not always this adorable, he can be so frustrating sometimes! When I'm having a bad day, he'll tell me "you're frustrated". I am amazed at his language skills and some of the big words he can say. When he tells me this, it really makes me stop and evaluate my actions too. It also makes me laugh which kinda breaks up any stress that I might be feeling.

No comments: