Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Deacon's crawling!


It has finally happened. Deke took his first crawling steps today. He's been trying so hard for about a month now. I saw him get into position and I held my breath wondering if he was finally going to be able to do it and he did. He made it to his goal of a Harry Potter book that was lying on the floor. Of course, he hasn't crawled since so Joel hasn't got to see it yet. I'm really going to have to start doing a better job on the baby proofing. A few minutes after he crawled, Joel came home and I ran to tell him the good news. When we came back in the living room, Deke had managed to find a small ball of Tyler's and had the whole thing in his mouth. I caught him before anything bad could happen and it was a good wake-up call to me to really start making sure all small things are up and out of his way.
On Monday, I had the privilege of watching Connor again. He is such a delight to be around. So happy and easy-going. He just played while I finished cleaning some stuff up and then he went with me to watch Tyler play soccer. We got there a bit early so I let them play on the playground and let me just say I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. Joel had Deke so I had to watch the other two and I was way outnumbered. Tyler and Connor both went zooming off in opposite directions so trying to keep my eye on both of them was not the easiest of tasks.
Tyler's soccer game went way better than I thought it would. He loved it and had so much fun. I thought he'd be all clingy, but not at all. He was right there in the middle of it all. His team is called the Red Dragons. I'm going to do my best to remember my camera next week so I can get pictures of it.

No comments: