Friday, April 17, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Ty at the Beach
Joel and Ty bird watching. My mom has birdfeeders everywhere and there were some pretty redbirds and bluejays

Ty and I at the Ft Worth Zoo on the train
Ty with the whole family playing soccer.
Ty on his Easter Egg Hunt
Deke with the Bluebonnets
Love that smile!

Ty with the Bluebonnets


Our Texas Trip is so much fun! The boys did really, really well on the car trip down. We only had one bad fussy moment from Deke and that only lasted about 30 minutes. He had a hard time getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. Tyler did way better than I ever expected him to. They've been having a blast running around outside and playing ball. Deke likes the flowers. The wildflowers down here are amazing. They have the bluebonnents (which is the TX state flower) and the Indian paintbrushes in blossom everywhere. You look out in a field and all you see is a field of blue and red. When we got into Oklahoma, the sun was coming up and the both boys woke up about that time. I was all excited to see leaves on the trees and Tyler piped up from the back seat. "You know what else is cool..the grass is green" He has been cracking us up this whole trip and really entertaining the grandparents. Grammy and I took him to the Fort Worth Zoo on Tuesday and on Weds we went to the beach with Joel's family. Joel's mom was covered up in a blanket at the beach and as you can see Tyler wasn't cold at all. He was splashing around and having an excellent time in the water. It was windy that day so if you got out of the water,you'd probably be cold, but other than that I didn't find it cold at all.

Easter was great. Joel's parents came up to my folks and we had a big Easter Egg hunt with just Ty hunting the eggs. He then managed to talk everybody into playing soccer with him. He can be quite convincing when he wants to be. Tonight Joel and I are off by ourselves for a romantic night in Nacogdoches where we went to school. I've got to go so I can get ready for dinner. I miss all my Minnesota friends and can't wait to get back home to see all ya'll again!

No comments: