Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Tyler


He dressed himself and came out and told me "I wanted to look handsome today." I think he always looks so handsome.




Ty's had a ton of fun at his birthday. I love his face in the last picture. He was making a wish before he blew out the candle. I asked him what he wished for today and he told me that he wished that when I get sick that he hopes I feel better. I'm not sure how true that is, but he's stuck to the story so far. He had a friend spend the night last night and it went so much better than I had anticipated. I was expecting it to be a little chaotic, but it never was. In fact, bedtime went way better than I expected. Even better than it goes normally. I think Ethan had a postive effect on our bedtime experience.

It is so hard to believe that it has been 5 years. The time is flying by way too fast and I sometimes wish that I could slow it down just a little or that I would appreciate this time a little more. I try to remind myself to treasure these moments. The moments when he throws his arms around me, when he kisses my cheek, when he tells me that he loves me and that I'm the best mom ever. I know that these moments are very short-lived. All too soon, it won't be cool to be seen with his mom, much less show her that he cares. It can be easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and not slow down and listen to his stories or to stop and play when he asks me too. It takes a lot of reminding that he won't always be this young, that he won't always want to spend time with me. I'm sure the next 5 years are going to go by even faster than these first five.

1 comment:

Heather said...

you still never fixed these pictures!!!