Thursday, September 18, 2008

Smarty Pants Tyler


Tyler is turning into such a smart kid. We've been trying to do more choices for him so he cooperates a little better. For example, I'll ask him if he'd rather put his shirt on first or his pants on first. I thought it was working really well as he was cooperating better. But my little boy caught on to this a little too well. We were at the store and he was holding two footballs. He wanted me to hold one and I didn't want to, so he looks at me and asks me if I'd rather hold this one or that one.
Then yesterday after Joel leaves for work, Tyler was pretty upset and crying. He comes over to me, lays his head on my knee and through his tears asks for juice and tells me that it will make him feel better and make him stop crying. Then later that afternoon after his nap, we make cookies together and I let him eat one then. There really is nothing better than a warm cookie. He is helping me put the rest of the cookies on a plate, but he kept two of them in his hands. I reminded him that he could only have one cookie and he had already eaten it so he needed to put those two on the plate. He tells me they are for his friends.
The things he says just cracks me up and he is catching on to so many things. Joel and I need to be very careful with what we say and do as we could very well see it displayed in public which could be very embarassing.
Oh, one last thing he told me yesterday was that I was a Patriot (football fan) and he was a Packer. You darn Packers turned my own son against me. He then kept going through the house saying "Go Packers!" The little traitor.

1 comment:

Heather said...

:) those are really cute and sweet stories. i'm glad you blog those, you won't forget them that way.

Go Packers! hey, at least its not the Bears or Vikings