Friday, September 25, 2009

CSA



Joel and I joined a CSA this year. That stands for Community Supported Agriculture. You purchase a share in a local farm and you get a box of vegetables a week. Here is one example of what is in our weekly box. We got tomatillos, onions, garlic, potatoes, beets, herbs, peppers, corn, and carrots. There are very few things that I have to throw away because we didn't use it up in time. The food is all so fresh and organic. We've loved it. I cannot say enough good things about it. We get some pretty cool vegetables that we would have never tried. See the pretty purple potatoe at top. I think those are the coolest thing. You can make purple mashed potatoes with them which are a big hit with the kids. I've become quite the creative chef when it comes to making dinner and I've been really enjoying making dinner since we've joined the CSA. I highly recommend it and if you want more details just ask Joel or myself.

5 comments:

Heather said...

ECFE is going to Smith Garden Farms on October 3rd. If you are interested in a field trip. CSA is part of that.

Jenna said...

Is this just a Winona thing? Or is it all over MN? By the way, potato has no "e", George Bush. :) Couldn't resist...hee hee.

Heather said...

think you mean dan quayle.... ;)

Anna said...

All over MN. The CSA we belong to actually delivers to the Cities as well.
Leave my spelling alone :)

Anna said...

All over MN. The CSA we belong to actually delivers to the Cities as well.
Leave my spelling alone :)