Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Cities

 

The first bridge site over the Mississippi

The Falls of St. Athony
 
 

On Saturday, I took Joel to the Cities as a mimi-getaway for his birthday.  We had a nice hotel in downtown Minneapolis.  It was on Nicollet Mall which is a very popular spot with tons of awesome resturants within walking distance.  We had a great time just walking around this area.  I was really wishing that I had some of my friends talents when it comes to picture taking.  We had a few cocktails at 'The Barrio.'  Excellent food and the best margarita I've ever had, but they are very proud of their food and it not cheap.  Then we went to Brit's Pub for a few more cocktails and guess who turns up at the same spot without us even planning it?  The Looses.  That's just crazy.  We hung out with them for the rest of the night.  Got to sleep in, have a great breakfast and then headed back to reality. 
A huge thank you to the Bradbergs for taking the boys for the night.  Without them being willing to do this, we would never get the chance to do stuff like this.  The boys got to go to the fair and had a blast.  Although it was very hot, so meltdowns did happen, but all in all it sounds like the kids had fun.  I kind of doubt the adults did...but I'm so grateful to them for taking them anyway.   Check out her pictures here.  That same evening, we went to the store with the boys and on the way home, Deacon kept saying. "I want to go to Connor's"  He must have had a good time. 



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

KariY said...

I love the arches pic, second from the bottom!