Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Around the Campfire

 

Ty was mad at me in this one.  He looks pretty scary.

I made him laugh by showing him his scary photo above.
 
It is a tradition in my family to tell scary stories around the campfire.  I decided that it was time to introduce the boys to story time around the campfire, but I kept them not scary.  Or they thought they were going to be scared, but then the ending would be funny.  Ty's favorite was "The Bloody Finger".  You'll have to ask him to tell it to you sometime.  He absolutely loved it and just got the biggest kick out of the ending. 
The boys also enjoyed playing hide and seek when it got darker.  Poor Deacon is not very good at hiding, but Ty is pretty good at it.  Deke would never find him, if Ty wouldn't start laughing and give himself away.  Deke was hilarious as the seeker.  He'd look around a little bit and then say "I wonder where Twyer is?"  Then he'd say "I guess I find him later" or "I look for him in the morning"   This is what would set Ty to laughing and then Deke would find him. 

Our last night there got pretty cold.  It got down to 35 degrees that night.  I did not pack for it being this cold.  The boys had sweatshirts and pants and I had packed a pullover for Joel and myself, but I just was not expecting mid to high 30's.  We ended up all piled on our queen sized air mattress in between the two sleeping bags.  The boys were nice and toasty, but Joel and I were pretty chilly.  I so wished I could have gotten a picture of the four of us crammed on that bed.  It was pretty funny, although I don't think Joel, myself, or Ty got much sleep that night.  It didn't seem to phase Deacon too much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: