Monday, September 5, 2011

What Happens in Vegas...









This past week, I got to go to Vegas for one night. And yes, made the most of it. I was up for a full 24- hours. I left the house at 3 am and arrived in Vegas at 9:30am. I went straight to the tradeshow that I was supposed to be at and stayed there until 5:30. Then checked into my hotel and met the guys that I work with for dinner at 6:30. They were nice enough to buy my dinner and they got me free tickets to a show. One of the guys that worked for Fastenal was friends with the person doing the show. Greg London, voted the best act in Las Vegas last year. He does impersonations and it was a pretty good show. After the show, we got to have drinks with him and his back up dancer. Pretty exciting stuff and I felt super special. The DM down in Vegas offered to drive me down the strip which is where I got all these pictures from. I made it back to my room at 12:43am their time which would be 2:43am central time. I was wiped out, but for some reason had a hard time sleeping. Hmmm, I sense a pattern here. I was up every hour on the dot and then finally at 5:30 I just couldn't sleep anymore. So I got up and felt safe enough to actually walk the strip. Nothing very cool to see at that time in the morning unless you count joggers and homeless people as cool. Did the show for a second day, left Vegas at 3:30pm and made it back home in my bed at 1am. It was whirlwind trip. Lots of fun and I learned a ton, but I am so glad to be back home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: