Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Yu




Joel's mom celebrated her birthday today. I wished we could have been there with the family. In the picture above, we have George Sr. (Joel's Dad), Melanie (the gorgeous sister), George Jr (the crazy youngest brother), Vernon (the long haired Van Halen wanna-be..Just kidding Vern, I love you) and of course Yu (Joel's Mom). They went to this great Korean resturant in Lake Jackson, TX. We'll get to go there when we go down to TX. It is truly really good. We miss you all and love you very much.




On to other news of late, this past weekend, I traveled to Osseo with the teens. For those who don't know I'm a volunteer Youth Leader and a glutton for punishment. Just kidding, it was really fine and we had a lot of fun. I got to play Lazer Tag and bumper cars so I had a blast! and for me it was pretty much free which is even better! The next day, they had Teen quizzing, but our teens are too cool for such lame activites so we spent our time playing spoons. I love this game and I'm actually fairly good at it. So good that Joel won't play with me anymore, but these kids didn't know that. It got fairly violent and we ended up breaking a kiddie table in the nursery. It wasn't really broken, the leg just bent under and we were able to fix it. Pastor Stu (pictured above beside the broken table) was one of the ones that broke it. I was never involved in any violence unless it was scratching somebody's hands to make them let go of the spoon (again, just kidding, I would never do something like that on purpose, but somtimes by accident...) They started trying to cheat so I would end up with a letter, but I still won. Which is really all that matters. Those little cheaters could never possibly outwit me no matter how hard they tried. (I hope none of them read this blog because that would be too much of a challenge for them to let go and I would so be paying for those comments)

No comments: