Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Tubing






We took the teens snowtubing on Saturday. Tyler and Joel went with us and Tyler loved it. We had to make him take him a break to come in out of the cold. And he couldn't wait to get back out there. We stuck to the bunny hill because the other hills were way scary looking. Joel did go down one by himself and after that Ty wanted to go down them as well. I woudn't let him. I told him he could do it when he gets bigger and I'm nowhere around. I would have a heart attack watching him do that. Later that evening we stopped at Chipotle and he told the teens that when he gets bigger he's taking the big hill. They loved hearing that.

I never thought of snow tubing as dangerous so I started to get worried when everybody who heard where we were going would regale me with tales of people who got hurt there.It freaked me out and had me worried. I just knew we were going to end up in an ER somewhere with the teens I was taking. Fortunatly nobody got hurt at least not seriously. I think one of them hit his head pretty hard coming down when he flew up higher than he was expecting, but he seemed okay. Good thing it was his head :-) It can definatly be dangerous though, but its way more due to other people than snowtubing. Also if you decide to do the train thing, that's dangerous and not something I would ever do. All in all we had a really good time.

No comments: