Monday, January 3, 2011

A few things to remember

The boys are growing up so fast and I am so bad about keeping up a baby book which is why I have this blog, right? There are just a few things I want to be able to remember from this Christmas holiday and I'm going to write them down here so I don't forget them. Hopefully, the blog never goes down :)
1. Ty being super excited about Santa Claus coming. "Mom, you need to put us to be now!" "Do you hear something, I think I hear sleigh bells."
2. Deke trying to open the door so Santa could come in. He believed Ty when Ty said Santa was there.
3. Ty putting a christmas bow on me and saying: "You're my present this year." Yeah, I know he got it off that commercial, but it was still super cute.
4. Deke picking on Ty. "Who wants to bath first?" Ty: "Deacon does." Deke: "No, Tywer does." Tyler getting super mad about that and Deke just keeps grinning and saying "Tywer wants bath." Little stinker knew he was ticking his big bro off.
5. We decided to skip church this past Sunday because we figured the nursery wouldn't be running and first Sundays at our church are a little tough due to the mingling of Sunday School classrooms first thing. This just doesn't work with an active 2-1/2 year old. So we did our own bible study at home. Ty said "I want to learn more about Jesus." and after every chapter I read in Matthew, he would say. "I want to learn more." We ended up having a very good discussion and now one of my resolutions for this year is to have a bible study a few times a week as a family. It's a bit tough with Deke, but hopefully if we stick it out, it'll get easier.

That's it for now. Just wanted to get these written down, before I forgot them.

No comments: