Monday, January 10, 2011

Leave it to Tyler

Tonight, I felt like I should be starring in a 50's T.V. show. Ty was so willing to help with everything. He set the whole table by himself and when Daddy came home and asked me to pass the bread, Ty was quick to grab the plate and offer it to him and then said "would you also like some butter." As Joel thanked him, Ty then said: "I love you guys and I love helping." He also lead the prayer. I'll try to write what I remember. "Thank you God for Mommy, Daddy, Deacon, Java, and Manny. Thank you for the food. I bless you. Amen" Then Deacon had to say a prayer too and I so wish I had had the camera on me because seeing Deacon's sweet little hands folded in prayer and his head bowed was just such a cute mental picture. His prayer was "Thank you God. AMEN" And then he clapped his hands and grinned that super cute grin of his. They are just such amazing boys sometimes.

After dinner, I had Ty write his thank-you notes for the gifts he got for Christmas. I kind of thought I was going to have to coerce him to do these. He had 8 that he had to write out and that can be quite a lot for him. I wasn't asking for much and I didn't want to force him to do it because I want it to be something he wants to do, so all I was asking for was for him to sign his own name to the cards. He actually went above and beyond and wanted to write the "Thank you, Love Ty" part. He did all 8 on his own and then drew a picture for everyone as well. I know for some kids that's like a piece of cake, but for Ty to sit down that long and do that without any coercion was just amazing.

Really great evening tonight. Most evenings aren't quite that enjoyable so I figured I'd write this one down to look back on when reality decides to return. :)

No comments: