Monday, May 9, 2011

White Water





One of the many flowers that Ty picked for me during our hike.

I picked up Ty early today with the plan of going for a bike ride around the lake, but it was super windy so we decided instead to go to Wal-Mart and pick up ingredients for cupcakes. I made them from scratch. They were okay. The cupcake part wasn't quite as moist or sweet as I like, but the icing was super sweet so it kind of balanced. The boys didn't seem to care as they all three ate two a piece.
I made Ty mad at me today by getting on to him when he started picking on Deacon. He's such a funny kid because he disappeared into his his bedroom and I could just hear him in there talking to himself about what happened. Obviously not too happy with the situation. I went back there so I could better hear him and I heard him saying how nobody likes him, not even Mom. He then turned around and saw me and told me that I "wasn't his best friend anymore." I told him I understand that. Then he tells me that he's "my best friend,but I don't want to be his and that he wanted to be alone for a little while. No problem. When you're ready, I'm going to be out here making the cupcakes. Funny, how quickly he got over it. Before I even made it out the door, he was beside me and telling me he was better now. Yeah, I bet you are. Nothing like the promise of a cupcake to make one feel better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: