Friday, August 5, 2011

My Boys




I love how close these two are.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of fights, but I believe that they fight so much because they play together so much.  I love watching what these two come up with.  Deke will follow Ty and play along, but only to a certain extent.  He definitely has his own mind and is not scared to stand up to big brother. 

The other day, they were both so incredibly good, I don't know what was up, but I would love more days like that.  When we got home, I started dinner and Ty was all about helping me out. He washed all the vegetables for me and set the whole table.   The really amazing part was how well the boys shared the stool we have in the kitchen.  There are usually a few squabbles over the stool, even though I'll go and grab the stool from the bathroom, they will argue over the kitchen stool, so I was steeling myself for the argument that I thought was sure to follow when Deke got on the stool after Ty got down to hand me some of the freshly washed veggies.  Ty turned around and politely asked Deke if he could have the stool back so he could finish washing the vegetables.  Deke replied: "Of course" and hopped right down.  When Ty got down to hand me more veggies, he told Deke he could get back on. This never happens.  I'm still wondering if they were trying to butter me up for something.  Then at the dinner table they were so polite. It reminded me of the Bear Family Politness Plan book where Brother and Sister decide to be Super Polite to each other so Mama Bear would get fed up with her plan.  "Deacon, Will you please pass the salt?"
"Of Course, Tyler!" 
LOL, Those two really crack me up.

No comments: