Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Stone Soup

 
 
It is so hard to believe that Tyler is in Kindergarten.  They had a program before Thanksgiving that the parents were invited to and I was able to make it to it.  His teacher had made stone soup.  Apparently, you put a real stone in the soup and the person that gets this stone has good luck for the new year.  It took us a while to find the stone, but eventually somebody did get it. 
We had a quiet Thanksgiving with just the four of us.  A ton of food because I feel compelled to make everything that I would have had if I was home in Texas.  We had sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, ham, green beans and for desert, pecan pie and pumpkin pie.  Everything was so yummy and pretty much just Joel and I ate it.  Except the pie, the boys have no problem eating pie.  

Ty had swim lessons today and when I picked him up, his eyes were super red.  He wouldn't stop rubbing them and he said they were burning and this was two hours after swim lessons.  I'm going to have to go get hime goggles tomorrow if I can find any.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: