Thursday, February 16, 2012

The "God" Talk

Deacon had swim lessons tonight so we didn't make it home until around 6:45.  The stars were out in full force and Tyler and I spent some minutes outside taking in the beautiful setting.  We both expressed our amazement at the incredible universe that God put here for us to enjoy.  As we were walking in the house, Ty said that one of his friends believes that Christmas is just about Santa Claus and it is to celebrate Santa Claus's birthday.  He went on to tell me how that's not right though because it is really about Jesus's Birthday and that is why we celebrate it and the meaning of Christmas isn't about the gifts but about God's gift to us.  I'm pretty impressed because I didn't think he paid too much attention when we talked about this.  We had a pretty amazing discussion about God and what different people believe.
On a lighter note, I made pizza for dinner and Deacon wanted two slices of pizza.  He also wanted a bunch of crackers.  He ate off most of the topping of one slice and then he put crackers on his plate. I asked him if I could have that one slice that he hadn't ate off of yet and he said no.  I said "c'mon, you're not going to eat it." 
"Yes, I am." 
He then proceeded to lick the whole slice so I wouldn't want it.  Ugh!  That little stinker.  He did eat both slices. (Well, actually he fed one slice that he had eaten the toppings off of to the dogs, but he did eat the slice he licked.)

No comments: