Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beautiful Day









This past weekend has been amazing here.  The temperture was in the 60's and we spent almost all weekend outside.  I actually got a sunburned nose and forehead yesterday.  My own fault, I didn't put any sunscreen on and sat and soaked up the sun.  Yesterday, was a busy day.  I went to Wal-mart and then to Hyvee.  Joel had a haircut and the van had to get an oil change.  The boys and I went to Lacrosse to take care of the car and enjoyed walking along the river there while we waited for it.  "Walking"...yeah, right.  With these two, we pretty much ran everywhere. 
Today, I went for a run and actually made it 5.7 miles.  I was pretty whipped afterwards, but I slowly edging my mileage up there.  When I got home, we decided to take the boys and go for a hike.  We hiked up the bluff to Chimney Point and then back down and by the time we made it down, my legs were singing.  They are pretty sore, but it was so worth it.  When we got home, I started to pack our bags for Texas.  The boys are so excited to go that they really wanted to help pack.   They went and got everything I told them too and Ty would fold the clothes.  They really weren't much help, but I didn't want to dampen that enthusiam.  Two more days and we'll be on our way!

No comments: