Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Color the Bathtub



Life as a family of four has been easier than I expected. At least so far.

The biggest issue we have so far is Tyler wants my attention when I'm feeding Deacon. Joel went to work for a few hours today leaving me alone with Ty and Deke. Ty was not very easy during this time especially when I fed Deke. I think that kid knows there is nothing I can do when Deke is attached to me and so he really acts up. In order to keep him occupied during one of the feeding sessions, I put him in the tub with some crayons. They were bathtub crayons so it was easy to clean. Kind of like erasing a whiteboard. This was his artwork when he was done. It kept occupied for about 30 mins which is all I needed.


Here are some more pictures of the family. Deacon has been a very easy baby so far as well. He spends most of his time sleeping, waking every 2-3 hours to eat, poop, and then he'll spend some time just looking around and taking it all in. He is such a content baby unless you don't feed him when he's ready and then watch out. He gets mad if you don't immediatly give him what he wants. I've actually been able to get a pretty good night's rest too. Last night, I only had to get up with him twice! I think he's spending his time growing. With as much as he eats when I feed him, he should put on weight quickly.

No comments: