Saturday, January 17, 2009

True Colors

My brother used to always tease me and tell me I should have been born blonde since I'm known for doing really stupid (ditzy) things. Here's a good one for him, that I hope he gets a chance to read.
On Weds. I was supposed to go to Eau Claire for work with my boss. It was my job to get the Fastenal van and I was supposed to pick her up at 6:45 in Centerville, WI. It's freezing up here. The temps were in the negative's that morning and the van had been sitting for a while so there was probably a foot of snow on the windshield. I got there early so I could start digging the van out, but when I went to open the door it wouldn't budge. I was so mad, I was cursing at the door. I just knew that it was frozen shut and I was freezing my butt off trying to open the door. I was putting all my weight behind it, pulling and tugging and cussing the whole time. (I'm not that big of cusser, but I was cold and mad) Door wasn't opening so I went back to my nice warm car to warm up and called my boss to let her know what was going on. I then decided to try the passenger side to see if maybe it would open. No luck there either so again I went back to my warm car and sat there trying to figure out what to do. Then it dawned on me...I never UNLOCKED the van. I am such an idiot! The door wasn't frozen it was just locked. The only thing I could think of is my brother was right...I should have been born blonde.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hahaha...LOL. Sounds like something I would do...but I have an excuse...I AM blonde.