Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hi-Ho Cherry-O

I've been waiting for Tyler to be old enough to play games with and he finally IS!
A few weeks ago, we played Candy Land the way its meant to be played and got through a full two or three games before he got tired of it. Today I taught him how to play Hi-Ho Cherry-O and he caught on so fast. I was amazed. We played a few games of that in which he won every game. He has hard time with the spinner and it always seemed to end up on 4 cherries where mine always ended up on me putting back cherries. I got mad and said I wasn't going to play anymore...just kidding, what kind of role model would that be?
We also bought him a game for Christmas called Animal Scramble and that is actually a fun one. It has different levels of play and you can play hide and seek with it which is our favorite. That boy is actually pretty good at hiding those animals so they are hard to find.

On Thursday, Kari invited me to attend a seminar on saving money on groceries using coupons. I have to admit that I didn't think it would be that good. That anything the presented would be too time consuming for me to pursue. I went because I wanted to spend time with my good friend, Kari, but I ended up getting a lot more in the bargain. I cannot wait to try this system out. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments: