Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tyler and Deacon



I love watching these two play. As Deacon gets older, they play together more and more. I had them both in my lap today and Deacon kept attacking Tyler. That's the best way to describe it. He would open his mouth and lean towards Tyler like he was going to bite him. Tyler thought it was hiliarous and would gently push him back. I think Deke realized that we all thought it was funny because he would keep doing it and then look to see if we were laughing.



How can you not love this grin! Bathtime is a favorite around this house. Deacon just loves splashing around in the tub.





We just started feeding Deacon solids this past week. Here is with carrots all over his face. He really loved the carrots. He of course, also had to let Java have some too. After all it is important to share, right?
Did you guess that this was Tyler the first time we fed him? They really do look a lot like at least to me.


Ty hasn't been feeling well these past few days. It started Friday morning. Joel was taking the boys to daycare or "work" as Tyler likes to call it. And Tyler was upset and told Joel that he didn't want to go, he was sick. Joel didn't believe him and told him that he was not sick. This apparently really upset Tyler as he really started crying. Joel asked him what the problem was and he replied:

"Daddy says I'm not sick, and I am!"

Joel called to tell me all about this and I trusted his judgement. After all, I had seen Tyler before I left for work and he seemed fine then. I could hear crying in the background though so I had made up my mind that I would give it 30 minutes and then call. If he was still upset, I would go get him and bring him home. I know, I know I am such a sucker for the tears and it won't take him long to figure that out. So after 30 minutes I called and his teacher Jacquelien told me that she had her hand on the phone about to call me. Tyler was running a temp of 101 degrees. Needless to say I went to get him. Joel felt pretty bad about not believing him that morning. He was just curled up in Jacquelien's lap when I picked him up. He was super happy to see me though and when I got him home, he just curled up on the couch and watched some Thomas the train videos that I have for him. After the Tylenol I gave him took effect he started acting more like the Tyler I know. As soon as it would wear off though you could tell he was just miserable. I'm hoping he gets better soon.

On a happier note, Deke slept for 5 straight hours last night!! YIPPEEE! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high that our sleep strike is over, but I was pretty ecstatic to get 5 straight hours myself. Here's hoping for more nights like that!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Wow!!! I didn't realize how much they look alike!! I'd have a hard time telling them apart. Hope you guys are feeling better!