Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July






It was a pretty fun and exciting weekend. We went to visit my brother and uncles in Illinois for the Fourth. We spent almost the whole weekend on the river. The boys had a blast playing with their cousin Destiny. She is such a beautiful little girl. I'm really hoping that we'll be able to take her with us to Texas when we go in November. My brother ended up in the ER on Sunday with a head injury. It's a good thing he's so hard headed. He was attempting to ski and the ski came up and whacked him in the head. He had to have 6-1/2 stitches.
Tyler and Deacon had a blast getting extremely filthy, eating a ton of junk, and staying up extremely late. They didn't get to bed until 11 both nights. Good thing they handle this stuff pretty well. It didn't seem to faze either one of them. I knew it wouldn't bother Ty as he's always handled changes to his schedule pretty well and we all know he needs less sleep than your normal 4 year old anyway. Deke suprised us all by handling it as well as he did. Destiny was used to getting a little more sleep than my two (at least she's used to sleeping later and my two are up at the butt crack of dawn and would wake her up as well) She was still pretty good as long as you didn't look at her wrong. I do so love my niece and I can't wait to spend more time with her. Her and the two boys played very well together. During the fireworks, she wanted Ty to hold her hand, but Ty wasn't listening. Deacon heard her though and got up off my lap to go sit next to her so he could hold her hand. It was too cute. This was Deacon's first firework show and he did very well. Never once seemed to be scared of the loud noises (even when somebody decided to honk the boat horn which was right next to us. That noise scared all the kids, but he never got upset.)

No comments: