Thursday, July 29, 2010

Silly Tyler

What is it with shoes and my boys? At least Deacon picked out the guys shoes. Ty likes to put on my knee high boots which come up to his crotch and stomp around in those. I would be worried, but he pretends to be a cowboy so I'm not too concerned. As wonderful as Tyler can be, we have been dealing with a lot of pouting lately. He wants to be first with everything and if he doesn't get to be first, full-fledged pout is on. The other day, Deacon asked for water, as I went to get it for him, Tyler pushed past Deacon and said "me first." I gave it to Deke first since he asked for it first and this caused Tyler to walk off to his room to pout. At least it is not a temper tantrum, but still annoying. I ignored it. We had to go pick up Joel so I told him when it was time to leave as we were walking out the door, I was holding Deacon and he reached up his hand and "touched" Deacon. I totally knew the intent of that "touch". It wasn't hard enough to be classified as a hit, but I knew that was what he was wishing it could be so I put him in timeout. He got the message and got over his pout pretty fast.

I'm not sure what he got upset about the other day, but lately its the littlest things that make him mad. Anyway, when we got home, he went straight into the house, to his room and slammed the door shut. I've been doing my best to ignore these pouts and that seems to work. He gets over them faster and hey, I've had days where I'm in a bad mood and just want people to leave me alone and I've certainly been known to slam a door or two. I am fortunate that his pouts don't last long and generally he is my happy, go-lucky Tyler.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: