Saturday, September 11, 2010

Canoeing




Joel and I went canoeing today. The Bradberg's volunteered to watch Ty and Deke for us so Joel and I could have a day together. This was our anniversary date. We celebrate 9 years on the 15th. It was a great day to go for a canoe ride. I had orginally wanted to do the Cannon River which is supposed to have some small rapids, but that one was a little bit further away so I reluctantly decided to do the much tamer Zumbro River. Thank God I changed my mind, because this river had some small rapids which scared me. They were super small and probably not scary at all, but I was super scared of flipping. When we hit the first set of rapids, we somehow managed to turn our canoe completely around. We managed to get it turned the right away again without tipping. There were a few others that we got stuck on the rocks and Joel would have to get out and push us off.
When we told Tyler that he was going to get to spend the day with Connor, he was so excited. He started doing this crazy dance and was ready to leave right when we told him. Sounds like the boys had a blast. Heather and John took them to a corn maze and they got to play in a big dirt pile, see some animals, go on a hayride, go through the corn maze. The hayride was Ty's favorite. And he also liked the pig race. Apparently they got so dirty that they got to ride with only their underwear on on the way home. I think Ty liked that a lot too. And poor Heather and John had to bathe three boys when they got home. A huge thank you to them for watching our boys and showing them such an awesome time. Ty has talked about nothing else since I got him home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: