Monday, September 27, 2010

Starved Rock




Joel and I made a quick trip to Ottawa, IL this weekend to visit my brother and his family. I also have two uncles and their families that live there as well and I got a quick visit in with my Aunt Polly before we had to leave Sunday afternoon. It is always an adventure when we go down there and this was our first long trip with a potty trained Deacon. Wow, he is so different from Tyler. With Ty, we visited every rest stop between here and Ottawa. With Deacon we only stopped when we wanted to and he would go then. What a relief! He did really well. No accidents on the way down and he even napped without a diaper or pull-up on in the car and still no accidents. I'm a little amazed at his bladder control and very grateful.
Whenever we visit we are in a back room of the house, sleeping on a futon, which really isn't that uncomfortable...if there are only two people sleeping in it. We ended up sometime in the middle of the night with both boys on the futon with us. I was sqwinched between Tyler and Deacon and had to keep a tight hold on Deke so he wouldn't fall off. Joel was sqwinched between Tyler and the wall and Tyler kept kicking him all night. In hindsight, I should have moved Deke and I to the floor and we probably all would have been much more comfortable, but I claim sleep depraivation for missing this quite obvious solution to the problem.
My sister-in-law and niece typically sleep in much later than my boys so when they woke up at 7am, I was in a nervous state trying to keep them quiet. With Deke, this is impossible as his volume control is stuck in LOUD and he has no concept of "Shhh". Even though I think I said at least 100x's, it just didn't seem to sink in. So I got us all up and out the door and went to McDonald's for breakfast. We went back around 9:30 and then we all went for a hike in Starved Rock.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: