Monday, February 8, 2010

Three Boys and a Candle

What could go wrong?

Last night, Joel and I had a Super Bowl party at the house. During the middle of it, a friend came from the bathroom to report that the boys were pulling apart my wicker laundry basket and sticking the "sticks" in the flames of a candle we had burning in there. Heather and I went back there to check on this and sure enough, Heather catches Tyler (wouldn't you know it would be mine) with a stick in the candle flame. The stick was on fire by the time Heather pulled it away from him and blew it out. Tyler got put in a time out and a stern talking to about the dangers of playing with fire. Later that evening after everyone went home, we asked Tyler whose idea it was to start putting the sticks in the candle flame. He promptly responded Connor. He then went on to tell me the whole story and this is the story according to Tyler:

"I asked Connor if he thought we should put the sticks in here {candle flame} and he said yes, so I did it. Dekey was up on the stool watching, but he didn't put anything in the fire."

Hmmm, yeah all Connor's idea. My little angel had nothing to do with this as everybody can now clearly see. Joel's response to all this was: "Where would Tyler get the idea to put sticks in the flame?" Again, things that make you go hmmm, I wonder? Could it be that almost every evening during the summer he watched his daddy putting sticks on a fire outside? No, that couldn't be it. (For those, that don't get the sarcasm, Connor had nothing to do with this. He was the sweet little boy that he always is and was being poorly influenced by my little heathen.)

Fortunately, the only thing that suffered any damage was my poor laundry basket.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather said...

LOL!!!!!

that is out of control. connor told me tyler was doing it, and it was naughty. so, someone's gotta be lying. i think, it must be deacon's fault. haha.

is your laundry basket ok? they had a lot of "sticks" off of it. gosh, this is a funny story.

Anna said...

It'll survive. From what Tyler told me, it was all his fault. Connor was just very encouraging of his idea. I think Deacon was pretty encouraging too. It is a funny story and I'm so grateful that nobody got hurt.

KariY said...

I am just sitting here LAUGHING. Of course, it's easy for me to laugh since my two troublemakers were at home in bed!