Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hooray for Spring!




Amazing, beautiful day today! I have no idea what the temp got to, maybe mid-50's or higher, but I do know that I was outside without a jacket for most of the day and I could feel the sun beating down on my face. Oh, how I've missed that sun. There is nothing quite like going through a cold, bitter winter to make you really appreciate Spring! We're supposed to continue with the nice weather for the rest of this week. The boys really enjoyed it. Ty was outside from about 12:00-5:30. He played and helped Dad do some yard work. We then went on a bike ride to the park and met up with Jakob and Kari there. Deke was outside before his nap, but I took him in at 12:30 for his nap. He slept until 3:00 which is a really long nap for him. I got to use the fact that he was sleeping as an excuse to sit right beside his window and read my book outside, which kept me from doing any of the yard work. Truly a great day!

On Friday, Joel and I took a vacation day and spent some quality time together. He really spoiled me that day. He let me sleep in while he took the kids to school. I got to sleep in till 9:30. That's just crazy. He then made me a delicious breakfast of eggs and bacon and he even bough orange juice to go with the meal. We took a nice walk around the lake and when we got back, he made me an even better lunch of Alfredo Primerva followed by Bananas Foster. Best desert I've ever had (and that include resturant deserts) We got a nap in the afternoon and then went and got the kids. What a fabulous day. I'm truly spoiled.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: