Saturday, March 6, 2010

A walk down memory lane

Ty got to watch Tarazan last night and I began telling him about when my brother and I would swing from vines in the Back Forty pretending to be Tarazan. This then led to many more stories about what Mommy did when she was little. I forgot how much fun I had growing up. I caught snapping turtles while fishing and walked over snakes by accident, swung from vines and built log bridges. What a fun childhood I had. This then led to Joel telling Ty about when a snake bit him. (It was just a tiny scratch, but still a "snake bite") Ty was riveted. I can hardly wait to take him back to Texas and show him where all these adventures happened.

A beautiful Saturday and we took the boys to the park and for a walk. Ty got to ride his bike and he's doing so well with it. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. He bumped his head coming down the slide and now has a nasty bruise. I started my garden today. Tomatoes, green peppers, and strawberries are all planted and in the breezway. Let's hope they do well. Joel thinks I'll be a failure at this and I really want to prove him wrong.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: