Saturday, March 20, 2010

What happens when they get quiet?



I discovered that answer today. Twice. Yes, you would think I'd learn my lesson the first time, but I'm apparently a slow learner. The stickers happened earlier this morning while I was making my coffee. You know its going to be one of those days when you haven't even made the coffee and they are into trouble. They were so proud of having these stickers all over them. Ty thought it made them superheros. Later on after breakfast, but still fairly early, they disappeared into Ty's room and a few minutes later, Deke comes out showing off his belly. He still had the marker in his hand which I took away and threw away. Ty wasn't too far behind but he knew enough not to flash his belly until he ascertained how I was going to respond to Deacon. He kept quiet and I don't think I would have ever known about his belly if I hadn't caught the guilty look. I made him show me his belly and sure enough he had marked his up as well. At least it was a washable marker and it wasn't on my walls, right? And I can't get too mad when the night before Joel used a marker to mark up Deacon. How is he supposed to learn when his Daddy's doing it?

Deke still has that nasty cough so he had to stay home while I took Ty to the lake for a bike ride. We biked all around the small lake. It was a bit chilly, but we had fun. On the way there, I thought I would see if Ty would know which way to go if I told him to move left or to move right. I didn't want to have any accidents while out there and some of those other bikers and rollerbladers are moving fast. I was trying to think of a way for him to understand this and thought why not just ask him if he knows it. Sure enough, the boy knows his right from his left. I was shocked. When I asked him where he learned this, he told me that he just taught himself. At any rate, he did very good on the trail when I would tell him to move over to his right, he always moved in the right direction.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: