Friday, April 9, 2010

Deke the Terrible




I think we've hit the terrible two's. He can throw a fit faster than a snake can strike. (that was the best analogy I could come up). He goes from screaming bloody murder to being just fine in about two seconds and there is no determining when or where the fit will happen or what will cause it. He can be a joy and a delight, but there are times when there is no pleasing him. Yesterday, I got the dogs groomed and I picked them up before I got the boys. When I opened the van door to put Deke in, the dogs were all in the backseat and he freaked. He took off running in the opposite direction, screaming his head off. I had to chase him down and when I picked him up, he just started kicking out and squirming, it was all I could do to keep a hold of him. I had to make Java get in the front seat so I could make some attempt to get Deke in the carseat. He was so upset. I don't think he recongized the dogs with all their hair cut off. It took him a few minutes to calm down and finally understand that it was still Java and Manny. I guess they do look very different without all the hair.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: