Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let's go for a walk...




That turned into a hike. I wasn't planning on doing a very strenous walk, but it turned out that way. When we started, I let Ty chose which direction. He chose straight up. Okay, I gotta be honest, if it was left up to me, I would have chosen the exact same path, it just looked more exciting. So that's the route we went and it was exciting. A little too exciting. It got very, very steep and it was littered with leaves which made the path slippery and treacherous. We perserved though because the Kelner's are not quitters (or we're just very stupid, but I prefer to think that we are not quitters). We made it all the way to the top of the bluff! A very strenous hike indeed and my little 4 year old never complained once. We didn't want to go back down that same path because I really couldn't see how we could make it back down unless we slid on our butts. There are several trails branching off this one and we chose the one that might be an easier way down. We did get a teensy bit lost and walked around in a circle, but we eventually figured it out. We were out there for two hours hiking all over the bluff and I have to say I am quite proud of Tyler. There was only one time that he said he was tired and I carried him on my back for about five minutes before he asked to be put back down and then he walked the rest of the way.
Towards the end of the hike, we pulled Deke out of his carrier so he could walk. He was getting pretty restless by that point and Daddy's shoulders were killing him. We had walked for so long that he ended up taking a nap in the carrier through some of it. He was quite glad to get out and stretch his legs and Daddy was very happy to not have to haul him on his back anymore. Deke held onto my hand, Tyler held onto Deke's hand, and Daddy held onto Ty's hand. I so wish that there was some way I could have captured a shot of that because it would have been so cute.
I think both boys really enjoyed the hike and I'm looking forward to many more (hopefully not quite that steep though),
Posted by Picasa

No comments: