Saturday, April 10, 2010

Elba Fire Tower





Some more phone pics from last summer. I took the boys up to Elba Fire Tower. It was a great hike straight up one of the bluffs. Fantastic workout. At the top is this fire tower that you can climb, but I'm not totally reckless so we didn't go up it. We just hung around the base of it. Deke was in the backpack carrier (love that thing and a steal at a garage sale for $3!). Ty climbed the steps up and down all by himself. Not the steps to the firetower (again, not totally reckless). The people who created the hike built stairs up the bluff to make it easier to climb up. On the way back down he did take a lot of breaks which I was totally okay with. Although I would have preferred them on the way up. I'm looking forward to more hikes this summer. Hopefully Deke doesn't mind the backpack carrier again because if he does that will seriously put a crimp in my hiking plans.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: