Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My funny Tyler


Today, I tried putting Tyler down for his nap at 12:30. I could hear him playing in his room and reading his books so finally a little after 2:00, I decided to take him for a car ride. That usually knocks him out and I had an errand to run anyway. I went into his room to free him and I saw him in his bed playing with his cars and trucks. I told him we were going to go somewhere so he could get up and he comes up to me, gives me a big hug and tells me that he slept good. I had to

laugh at this and tell him that he didn't sleep at all. He then tells me that he wakes up and is ready to go. So we get in the car and head to Walgreens. I pick up our prescription and am still not seeing any signs of tiredness from this kid, so I decide to go get him a haircut. He was so good there and he got a sucker for being so very good. Plus, he looks so very cute with his hair cut. On the way home, I look in my rearview mirror and I can see Tyler nodding off, but he is determined to finish that sucker. His eyes were closed and he kept blindly trying to stick the sucker in his mouth. He would get it in there and then he'd start to drift off and it would fall out and he'd wake up and put it back. It was one of the funniest things I think I've seen in a while. Finally, sleep claimed him and the sucker stayed down. He had sticky sucker all over his face as you can see in the picture above and me being such a good mom did not want to risk waking him by washing his face, so he went to bed with that sticky sucker all over his face. I'll wash it off when he wakes up.

No comments: