Friday, August 15, 2008

Reward Chart


Before Deacon was born and especially after he came, Tyler started regressing on the potty training. He's been potty trained now for about 6 months. We weren't too suprised when it happened as we were kind of expecting it, but we didn't know how to help him through it. We had tried really praising him, but it didn't seem to be working. I found this reward chart on Supernanny.com and it has worked wonders. He gets to move the little pirate guy up everytime he goes potty in the potty and when he gets him all the way up into the pirate ship, he gets a special prize. Sometimes its just candy, but I've been trying to avoid that even though its the easist one. Since we started this, he has not had an accident in over a week. This reward chart is one he got to color in himself. I wasn't too sure if he would understand it, but apparently he does. Now when he goes in the potty, he can't wait to move his pirate guy up. Sometimes he tries to skip some steps and put the guy right in the pirate ship. It's pretty funny because he'll then turn around and say. "I'm in the pirate ship!" and expect to get something. We make him put it back on the right spot, but it cracks me up when he tries to sneak it by us.
Tonight, Joel was going to put Tyler down and I was feeding Deke. Tyler came over to me to give me a hug good night and then he asked to hug Deacon. I told him he could so he wrapped his little arms around him as best as he could and then he gave him a kiss on the head. It was so sweet!

No comments: